Alzheimer's Disease

Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention

05/26/2010

Question:

Please give me some tips to prevent dementia and Alzeimers` disease.

I am a 37 year old woman, 165 height, 57 weight, married, no pregnancy. Regarding to my headaches and loss of memory as well, I went to a neurologist couple of months ago. The frequency of headaches is everyday and in the beginning of the days and more in the back of my head. Also, I am worried a lot because of the loss of memory. I do not know how I can describe it here to you, but I sometimes forget the important issues such as things that related to my job and lessons. I have doctorate in pharmacy in Iran and in couple of months I have get started to study pharmacy for PhD. When I read my lessons I learn and satisfied, but afterwards, I can not remember enough! I am really worried for my future. My mother passed away at 72, 2 years ago and she had hypertension and diabetes and had have 2 MI, 1 at 67 and the second at 72. Besides she had a little dementia. I do not do exercises enough and I think how I can prevent.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Alzheimer’s Treatment and Prevention
A Few Different Ways to Prevent Alzheimer's

Go to the Alzheimer's Disease health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org