Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Spine and Back Health

I would like some advice,please



Hi, I`m American and currently living in Italy for a period. I`m 33 years old.I fractured my tailbone when I was a child,and sometimes it was a little stiff but I suffered nothing drastic.I had an car accident when I was 24 years old, but I had no injuries,so I didn`t believe it would have caused me problems.I used to be overweight,but I have lost all my former weight and 9 years I have maintained a normal weight with normal physical activity. However,I have a problem that no doctor can seem to solve. I go to the gym 4 times a week, but recently lowered my time in the gym.I begin to have a numbing sensation in my leg and bottom, along with swelling around the right knee while working at my computer. Fastword months later and my bones esp..my knees,hip,and inner thigh pelvic areas crack loudly with a bit of pain everytime(with every step)I move, even while just standing. My knee no longer swells, but it seems now that my back cracks from lower back to neck region constanly with movement.It even tends to make me severly dizzy. I feel exhausted and I crack all the time at 33 years old. I would like any information or any test that would be useful to solve this problem.


Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your , which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

For more information:

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

David J Hart, MD David J Hart, MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University