Myasthenia Gravis

MG and Meningitis Vaccine

07/27/2010

Question:

I suffered from MG. Did thymectomy 4 years ago and now I feel totally cured because I no longer use any medication. I wanted to know whether it is safe to do vaccine for meningitis in case one day I have to travel to Saudi Arabia for Haj pilgrimage. Thank you. For your information, I was once vaccinated before going to India (3 years ago)when I was on Imuran, Prednisone and Mestinon and I had severe liver problems which kept me hospitalised for more than 15 days.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Myasthenia Gravis health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org