Sports Medicine

Extended Periods of Numbness

06/23/2010

Question:

Over the past 6 months or so, some mornings when i wake up my right hand is numb. The numbness lasts for many hours today for example I woke up at 6am and its now 4pm and my hand is still numb. The numbness affects the last 2 fingers (pinkie and birdy fingers) and the right side of my palm. I do not have episodes where my hands or fingers tingle or have shocking sensations as reported by people with carpel tunnel. Any ideas?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Sports Medicine health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org