Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders

small ulcer on superior area of hard palate

06/23/2010

Question:

I have hay fever, asthma and other food allergies which increases/decreases according to the season and where I live. I have always had a itchy roof of my mouth (hard palate) for as long as I can remember, I usually use my tongue, or toast or something and drives me and my family mad. However more recently this has become more itchy without hayfever symptoms . Now it is a approx .2 x.2mm size type ulcer whic has a white macerated edge and then redened surroundingarea. I have a referral to a ent specialist, there is only one in town who will not be returning off leave till 3 weeks time. I am now becoming very concerned as I am now more aware of this and not sure if it is slowly getting worse as it is itchy all the time. Any ideas. I believe this tiny itchy lump has been with me for at least 15 years but has only now become a nuisance and concern.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. This question would be better answered in the Mouth Diseases topic. Please look in that topic for an answer to your question.

Go to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org