Mental Health

Memory Loss from Medication 32 and Senile

07/08/2010

Question:

I had seizures, was prescribed medicine and it wiped out a lot of my memory and processsing ability, Its been over a year since I stopped taking the Rx but I still have so much confusion that I can`t work a job. My husband had been supporting us but is now unemployed, we have no kids and no insurance and I can`t think straight, concentrate, remember things. I`ve developed a stutter, and have difficulty understanding directions. No Dr will see me without insurance and no one will tell me what`s happening to me. If there are health benefits for people like me I don`t know because the forms are hard for me to fill out and I don`t know how to find information without getting lost. What can I do? How do I get help?

Answer:

The only services that may be available are at a local Community Mental Health Center. Hospitals also offer some free care and you would need to talk to the financial office to understand what a given hospital would be willing to offer.

Another option is to try to apply for Medicaid; you may be eligible. You may also be able to locate services at the link below.

Mental Health Services Locator

Best wishes. 

Go to the Mental Health health topic, where you can:

Radu   Saveanu, MD Radu Saveanu, MD