Sports Medicine

Tingling or Vibrating Sensation in Legs

10/05/2010

Question:

I have tingling/vibrating sensation fron knees down to ankels in both legs. I feel this especially while I am waking up after a nap or in the morning. I have had disc surgery ten years ago when my sciatica was severly pinching on the right side. Since then I had neck surgery three years ago due to compressed discs. Both back as well as neck conditions, however, caused radiating pain which was different from the sensation I am now having. When I am having tingling, I also feel like my muscles are being stretched. I am 72 years old male. I also take Atenolol for high blood pressure, plavix and crestor for high cholesterol and thyroxin for hypo thyroid, all in moderate doses.

Answer:

Thank you for contacting NetWellness. Your symptoms do not appear to be sports-related, and the "Spine and Back Health" Topic area is not currently accepting questions.

You are best advised to consult with your primary care physician and/or your spine surgeon, who can perform a physical examination and determine if/which diagnostic studies would be helpful to clarify the basis for your symptoms and ideally treat their cause.

Go to the Sports Medicine health topic, where you can:

Brian L Bowyer, MD Brian L Bowyer, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation