Itchy Tooth After RCT

09/13/2010

Question:

I was asked to get a RCT done by my dentist after he checked by 1st pre- molar tooth in the lower jaw.It WAS TO BE DONE IN 3 stages. After stage 1 i was given antibiotics and painkillers. However an itchy feeling which always made me move my tongue to the treated tooth stayed for about 4 days. After it subsided i had the stage 2 of the treatment. one week after the 1st one. The treated tooth itches like anything and i keep pressing it with my tongue which has made me hurt my tongue. On calling the dentist i was told to wait for it to subside. PLEASE HELP.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

If you have questions regarding previous root canal treatments, you could seek an evaluation by an endodontist. Endodontists are dentists with additional education in diagnosis and root canal treatment. Because they limit their practices to endodontics, they treat these types of problems every day.

Post root canal pain
Problems after root canal
Gum swelling long after two root canals
Why are my root canals hurting now?
Root canals
Swollen area above an old root canal

Our Answer Policy

Itchy and Painful Root Canal

Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Endodontics