Dental and Oral Health Center

HIV&low income.Delta:$1700/How to priortize?

09/28/2010

Question:

Good Show today! Thank you. Have history of much dental work and HIV. I know that Oral Health is very imp. for me. HX of loose & extracted teeth, many extractions, bridges. Have spend 8500 GE Dental.(paid off). Cannot afford to borrow again. How do I prioritize? DDS has recommended Endodonic work;expensive. Very modest income and Medicare. thank you!

Answer:

Depending on where you live there should be facilities to care for your Endodontic therapy and also someone to assist in providing you with a prioritized treatment plan.

Case Western School of Dental Medicine has an AGD (Advanced General Dentistry) program that may be able to assist you. I am not sure of the “free Clinic in Cleveland being able to do endodontics and subsequent restorative. If you are close to THE Ohio State University they may have clinical options that can facilitate your dental needs as they also have a large Endodontic program and General Practice Residency. I know that where I trained in Seattle, we had a huge program for persons that fit between the cracks financially and also case managers to help with staging treatment plans and access to care. To bad Ohio hasn’t developed such programs.

The CWRU AGD phone # is 216-368-3290

Finding Low-Cost Dental Care

Go to the Dental and Oral Health Center health topic, where you can:

Richard J Jurevic, DDS, PhD Richard J Jurevic, DDS, PhD
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
School of Dental Medicine