Eye and Vision Care

Clear Eye Cyst

12/29/2010

Question:

Hi, ive got a clear cyst on my left eye and some more developing in my right eye (on the white of my eyes) ive seen a doctor at the hospital but they said there is nothing they can do, im so dissapointed at this as its really getting me down as people are noticing, im just wondering if there is anything at all i can do even go private and pay for the treatment, thank you so much,

Answer:

It sounds like you may have a retention cyst on the white part of your eye (the conjunctiva). Retention cysts are clear, fluid-filled sacs that may come about due to irritation or rubbing of the eye.  I recommend you schedule an appointment with an eye doctor for further evaluation and to discuss possible treatment options.

Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your doctor(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Best of luck and take care.

Go to the Eye and Vision Care health topic, where you can:

Julia Rae Geldis, OD, MS Julia Rae Geldis, OD, MS
Clinical Associate Professor of Optometry
College of Optometry