Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Eye and Vision Care

Retinal Tears



i am canadian working in china. i see that my ip will be outside canada. i am going to ask anyway. i am 54 years old and 5 days ago i noticed what appears to be a particle in my right eye which moves with my eyeball as i look around. also i see flashes of light. i have been to a hospital in china and the doctor put eye drops into both eyes and the checked them with a hand held magnifying instrument and light. i was told they could not see anything and sent me away. i have told them i am continuing to experience this condition but they refuse to see me again.


Greetings from the USA!

Your symptoms could indicate either a serious retinal condition or a harmless vitreous problem. You deserve a definitive explanation of your recent-onset of particles and flashes.

I would recommend another eye examination by a different eye doctor in China as soon as possible.

For more information:

Go to the Eye and Vision Care health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Robert D Newcomb, OD, MPH, FAAO Robert D Newcomb, OD, MPH, FAAO
Professor Emeritus of Clinical Optometry
College of Optometry
The Ohio State University