High Blood Sugar Levels

If my blood sugar levels are staying high should I increase or decrease my dosage of insulin?

When a person with any health problem for which they are on a medication which is as powerful as insulin is not sure how to answer a question like this, it is important that the health care professsionals involved in their care understand that they have such a question and that they need to have this better explained.  That may be your own doctor, or nurse or pharmacist or diabetes educator.  While I could easily answer your question directly, it would not assist you in learning the larger lesson which is how to have a safe and reliable process for resolving questions like this with somebody who can assure that you fully understand.  I believe I am doing you a greater service to direct you to those people to answer this for you. 

Robert M Cohen, MD Robert M Cohen, MD