Sarcoidosis

Sarcoidosis

01/13/2011

Question:

Respected sir, i m 23yr female married to 28yr pediatrician,it has been 1 and a half year since we are married and we hav a baby of 6months old.my husband has been diagnosed sarcoidosis 3yrs back he has stopped steroids before our marriage and soon after our marriage he has restarted his steroids and later in my pregnancy only i came to know that he has sarcoidosis.now he has tapered his drug.after taperring he is not able to have sexual relation with me and has even stopped talking to me.i am very much concerned about his health.he has breathlesness and too much of sweating during night,he has power of -10 in his both the eyes,has lost about ten kilos of weight in 3 months. his recent chest xray showed remission of nodes and interstitial pattern in his lungs.what does this signify? which stage he is in now?will he get relapses? i could understand his mood swings because of the drug but has the steroid played any role in our sexual relationship? please reply me as your answer is precious in my life.thank you so much for reading my post and replying me.

Answer:

Dear Madam - It is often difficult to discern the effects of sarcoidosis from other, more common medical conditions. As such, it would be unwise for me to attempt to provide any specific recommendations based upon the limited information provided. I would strongly encourage your husband seek additional medical advice. He will likely require additional testing to determine the cause of his progressive shortness of breath and unexplained weight loss, mood swings and sexual dysfunction. 

Go to the Sarcoidosis health topic, where you can:

Elliott D Crouser, MD Elliott D Crouser, MD
Associate Professor of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine