Sports Medicine

Tingling in My Legs

02/03/2011

Question:

Hello, I am a little concerned because last night i experienced tingling in my both my legs, from the knees down. I first noticed it when i was trying to sleep. Above that, i felt very cold around my feet so i made sure i wore 2 socks, turn on the heat and cover myself with a heavy blanket, most of the cold sensation was on my leg, along with the tingling. I searched for the symptoms online and became a little scared. I am a 23 year old female and i am currently in school. I have been under a lot of stress lately, so i don`t know if that might be related to the tingling sensation. I also have been experiencing a fair amount of body spasms or contractions. it is not painful at all, just annoying. I have been to a nerve specialist for non related problems and i had an MRI of my head and neck and everything came back normal. I had blood work done for autoimmune disorders around September-October and it came back normal. I don`t know what is going on with me.

Please Help me understand.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Your question does not pertain to sports injury nor sports-related activity.

NetWellness does not currently have a Health Topic area to which questions such as yours can be directed. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature.

Please consider a followup appointment with your Primary Care Physician and/or the "nerve specialist" whom you previously saw.

Go to the Sports Medicine health topic, where you can:

Brian L Bowyer, MD Brian L Bowyer, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation