Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Lung diseases

What are Nodular Densities?



My father-inlaw had an x-ray done because he was haveing trouble breathing. They said they thought it was scarring. He has been smoking for over 53 years. Now he is to the point where he cant breath and has a terrible cough. He has been in and out of the hospital for the past 2 years and seems to be getting worse. He has blockages all over, the dr. will not operate to fix the blockages because they are so bad. Both arteriry on the side of his neck are 95% blocked. Is there anything we can do to help other than to make him comfortable. The dr is giving him pain pills, he takes 5 aday of loratab 7.5mg. We just dont know what to expect. Thanks


Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very specific questions about your father-in-law's health and prognosis, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with his history, physical exam, and test results. You may want to have your father-in-law ask his primary physician for a referral to a pulmonologist for his trouble breathing. 

For more information:

Go to the Lung diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Karen L Wood, MD Karen L Wood, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University