Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Eye and Vision Care

Who specializes in eye burns?



I had blepharoplaty and applied boiled water (not cooled) to the sutures. This was over a year ago. My eyes are constantly sore, red, irritable, dry and tight. I am worried I have done damage to the eyeball. Nobody seems to take me serious about this and I`m just told my eyes have not been burnt. Is there any test (at maybe Moorfield)that could be done to establish if the eyeball has been burnt, as I`m worried if this continues unnoticed it could get worse and affect my vision?


Thanks for a very interesting question.

There are eye surgeons (ophthalmologists) who specialize in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in and around the eyes (oculoplastics). I would recommend that you ask your eye doctor for a referral to one of these specialists in your area. Frequently, they are located in major medical universities.

The specialist can not only determine if your eye or eye lids have any scar tissue as a result of a previous burn, but can also perform any necessary medical and/or surgical treatment that you may need.

For more information:

Go to the Eye and Vision Care health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Robert D Newcomb, OD, MPH, FAAO Robert D Newcomb, OD, MPH, FAAO
Professor Emeritus of Clinical Optometry
College of Optometry
The Ohio State University