Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Dental and Oral Health (Adults)

Sore Cheeks



I have swellings inside my cheeks for almost a year now that looks like scabs. It doesn`t bleed but very uncomfortable especially when I use spicy foods.


The lesions you have described on your cheeks could come from a variety of diseases, allergies, and habits. It is impossible to diagnose your condition without a clinical exam. Make an appointment with your dentist or an oral pathologist. They should be able to diagnose the problem and provide you a solution to it.

Find an Oral Maxillofacial Pathologist Near You

Find a Dentist: ADA Member Directory

For more information:

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Adults) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

D Stanley Sharples, DDS
Clinical Assistant Professor of Primary Care Dentistry
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University