Mouth Diseases

Pimple on the Pharyngopalatine Arch

07/19/2011

Question:

For the past 5-6 weeks I have had a pimple like thing on the bottom of the pharyngopalatine arch. It looks pink in color and has a white dot on it. I suffer from recurring ear infections that leave severly dry skin in my ear and itching. My left ear was even draining on my pillow at night (orangy/gold colored). What do you think? I am anxiety ridden and fear this is something really bad.

Answer:

The lesion that you describe in the posterior aspect of your throat could be many things. Without actually seeing it, I would be doing you a disservice by trying to diagnose it simply from your description.

But… the recurrent chronic ear infections should be evaluated by an Otolaryngologist. The drainage you describe sound like the results of a middle ear infection with the “Orange, Gold colored “ discharge being the result of infection.

Hope this helps!

Go to the Mouth Diseases health topic, where you can:

Richard J Jurevic, DDS, PhD Richard J Jurevic, DDS, PhD
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
School of Dental Medicine