Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Dental and Oral Health (Adults)

Open Wide Please



unable to open my mouth very wide could do it about 1 wk ago now having problem eating anything real thick. what is going on do I need to see a dentist or medical doctor?


Thank you for visiting NetWellness. You should see your regular dentist first. You may be grinding or clenching your teeth, possibly at night. A common first step is a night/bite guard.

For more information:

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Adults) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

David Lee Hall, DDS David Lee Hall, DDS
Clinical Associate Professor of Primary Care
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University